Is Diarrhea a Pregnancy Symptom
Is diarrhea a pregnancy symptom? Well when talking about pregnancy symptoms, we often think of nausea. For some pregnant women, however, diarrhea is the most disturbing. How to cure it ? You are pregnant and you
Is diarrhea a pregnancy symptom? Well when talking about pregnancy symptoms, we often think of nausea. For some pregnant women, however, diarrhea is the most disturbing. How to cure it ?
You are pregnant and you have diarrhea? Unfortunately, this is part of the common symptoms associated with pregnancy. With nausea or constipation, this kind of transit problems are common when expecting a baby. Hormones are obviously one of the factors of these disorders sometimes unpleasant, but diarrhea can have various causes and how to deal with them must be adapted.
Is diarrhea a pregnancy symptom: Why? In the early months of pregnancy
Diarrhea is among the first symptoms of pregnancy. Because of nausea and vomiting, the food does not come into the stomach correctly. Consequence: bad decomposition of food causes diarrhea.
In the last months of pregnancy
If you suffer from diarrhea in your third trimester, it’s your baby that is probably to blame (even if you do not want it …) The stomach has trouble accepting the food because of the pressure exerted by the small baby still in your belly. Now, no need to ask is diarrhea a pregnancy symptom?
Other possible causes
– Stress: and yes, our bowels are very sensitive to our worries! Periods of stress during pregnancy are not rare …
– Food: Overeating, too rich fat diet or fiber … the food you eat can often cause diarrhea. However, eat light and balanced for a few days and everything will be in order.
– An infection or poisoning: pregnant, not being immune to common bacteria such as salmonella or listeria. See your doctor for a diagnosis!
Diarrhea during pregnancy: how to cure?
Between your grandmother’s remedies against diarrhea and consultation to the doctor, what to do?
When you are pregnant, diarrhea (such as nausea) does not directly affect the baby. However, it may present a risk to the fetus if it is not treated because of the dehydration it causes. You must drink plenty of fluids to compensate for water loss from the body.
2) Control what you eat
With digestion problems, it is important to pay attention to your diet. In case of diarrhea, eat solid foods and small portions:
– Rice, which is eaten cooked, white, without sauce or cream. One can even drink a little water from the starch-rich cooking.
– Apples, raw, without skin
– But also: potatoes, mashed bananas in small quantities, toast
– Avoid: spicy foods, fatty foods and / or fried
3) Consult your doctor
Pregnant, you can not take medication against diarrhea without consulting your doctor. If the natural home remedies and proper hydration have not passed your worries, you should consult your doctor. If your diarrhea is accompanied by high fever or if your stools have blood, do not try to cure it on your own and make an appointment for a consultation. Indeed, these symptoms can be synonymous with parasitic infections or food poisoning. You will do a stool test and / or a blood test to determine which treatment is best suited.